1503 Valley Ave
Sumner , WA 98390
Located at Daffodil Valley Elementary School Portable 1
Monday - Thursday 9:00am - 4:30pm
Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm
Closed for lunch daily: 12:00 - 1:00pm
A family support center where people can meet, drop in, or gather
together as a group to receive help or provide support for one another.
The Center offers a wide variety of human service programs, resources,
health services, referrals and information. Our goal is to work
with the community and assist our neighbors while supporting and
strengthening the family unit. Stronger families build stronger
To educate, strengthen and support children and families.
We provide a variety of services that focus on empowerment and
enable families to become self-sufficient, active and contributing
members of our society.
- Support children and strengthen family units
- Enable families to become self- sufficient and successful
- Increase community support for children and families
- Enhance parenting skills through education
- Provide an ongoing network for families Improve access to health
and human services
PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
We offer a variety of programs and services to the community.
- Parent Support Groups
- Immunization Programs
- Parenting Classes
- Child Development Screening
- Home Visits
- Brief Counseling Services
- Hispanic Services
- Family Events
- Summer Programs
- Pee Wee Play Time
- Sewing Classes
WORKING TOGETHER TO HELP
- Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department: Public Health Nurses
who support families and the community through home visits, education
and support groups.
- Pierce County Community Services: Healthy Families Family Support
Worker who offers support services to families with children from
birth to 3 years of age. Facilitates educational programs and
provides home visits.
- Pierce County Community Services: Bilingual Services Family
Support Worker who offers support services to families with children
to age six.
- Good Samaritan Behavioral Healthcare: Readiness-to-Learn Program
– provides family support and advocacy services through
referrals from local elementary schools.
- Center Assistant Coordinator/City of Sumner
- Center Coordinator/Sumner School District
- Dedicated Parents and Volunteers
SUMNER-BONNEY LAKE FAMILY CENTER IS A COLLABORATIVE PROJECT OF:
- Family Support Partnership
- Sumner School District
- OSPI-McKinney-Vento Title X Homeless Ed Grant to Sumner School
District STARR Project
- STARR Project (Safe & Drug Free Schools Act, Title IV, Subpart
1, P.L. 103-382)
- City of Sumner
- Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
- Bonney Lake Police Department CTED Funds/City of Bonney Lake
- Good Samaritan Behavioral Healthcare
- Washington State University-Cooperative Extension
- Pierce County Community Development Block Grant Program
- Local churches
- Community businesses
- and most importantly, our dedicated families, volunteers and
Sumner-Bonney Lake Family Center
To view these files, you
will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader that now comes
with many Web browsers. If you do not have Acrobat Reader, you can
download it for free from the Adobe Web site. Go
to the Acrobat download page.