Scholarship and Enrichment Programs
Today, more than ever before, students attending a four-year university,
community college or technical/vocational program pay a larger share
of their tuition and expenses. Additionally, there are fewer options
for scholarships and financial aid, leaving many students and their
families with a difficult financial burden.
Since 2001, the Foundation has awarded over $465,000
As a partner with the national organization Dollars for Scholars Scholarship America, select colleges and universities provide matching funds to students receiving Sumner-Bonney Lake Education Foundation scholarships, doubling the student's scholarship award.
Sumner-Bonney Lake Education Foundation (printable brochure)
The Foundation annually awards:
- Eileen Leighton Beaulieu Memorial Scholarship for a student pursuing a career to help children ($500)
- Norma J. Boushey Memorial Scholarship for a student active in school and community ($500)
- Dr. Joe Eben Corliss Scholarship to a student entrepreneur ($10,000)
- Bob Dalton Scholarship for a student pursuing a career in communication/broadcasting ($500)
- Kathryn Dalton Teacher Scholarship to a student pursuing a career in teaching ($500)
- John Doan Arts and Music Scholarship to a student studying art, music or journalism ($500)
- Michael McGowan Memorial Scholarship for a student athlete who excels in baseball ($1,500)
- Annamarie Calavan Moffat Scholarship to a student on a career path to teaching ($500)
- Panther Volleyball Boosters for qualifying female volleyball student athletes at Bonney Lake High School ($500)
- Panther Girls Basketballl Boosters for qualifying female basketball student athletes at Bonney Lake High School ($500)
- Hewitt Leland Slater Memorial Scholarship for a student demonstrating character, integrity and kindness ($1,000)
- Sweeny Family Scholarship to a student pursuing a technical or vocational career ($500)
- Sumner-Bonney Lake Education Foundation Vocational & Academic Scholarships to students pursuing vocational careers or students with high academic achievement ($500 each)
- Sunset Chev Automotive Scholarship to a student pursuing a career in the automotive industry ($3,600)
- Luke Voiles Memorial Scholarship to a student athlete with an outstanding high school soccer career ($500)
The Foundation also partners with other organizations to give
scholarships. Each year, $13,500 in scholarships are awarded in
partnership with the Sumner Rotary Club.
Together, we can make more funds available to local students and
are able to direct financial aid to graduates of Sumner and Bonney
Lake High schools.
Sumner High School Alumni Scholarship Fund
The Foundation provides fiscal management and matching funds for students through Dollars for Scholars, to the Sumner High School Alumni Association's Scholarship Fund. Our combined efforts benefit students, today and tomorrow. The Foundation and the Alumni Association together have raised $60,000 to create an endowed scholarship fund.
Enrichment and Outreach Programs
Enrichment programs enhance the classroom experience, providing
vital support that isn’t covered by the school district’s
state-funded budget. Examples of enrichment programs are scientists and artists in residence,
specialized equipment, machinery or computers, new teacher grants,
mentoring programs, and support for at-risk students. The Arts Fund supports a variety of arts programs throughout the
District, and the Science Fund enhances classroom instruction and sponsorship for the Sumner School District K-12 Science Fair.
The Foundation has a new partner in early learning and supports the Ready! for Kindergarten, an educational program for parents. The program empowers parents and families as a child’s first and most important teacher. By supporting the READY! for Kindergarten program in the Sumner School District, you are helping plant the seeds for success in school and a lifelong love of learning for a child.
- By supporting the READY! for Kindergarten program in the Sumner School District, you are helping plant the seeds for success in school and a lifelong love of learning for a child.
- For just $200 you can provide a family with a full year of READY! classes and three teaching kits; and $50 purchases one READY! teaching kit.
To make a tax-deductible donation to READY! For Kindergarten, please complete this form. Your check can be made payable to the Sumner/Bonney Lake Education Foundation, referencing READY! For Kindergarten on the memo line. Completed forms and donations may be mailed to:
READY! for Kindergarten Donation Form
To view these files, you
will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader that now comes
with many Web browsers. If you do not have Acrobat Reader, you can
download it for free from the Adobe Web site. Go
to the Acrobat download page.
The Foundation is businesses, neighbors, teachers, and the community
scholarships, educational enrichment and innovation for
the future of our youth.
The Sumner-Bonney Lake Education Foundation is a qualified 501(c)(3)
organization and complies with all federal laws.